Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 54 - Heat, Stress, Holliday

For those in the States, we've just come off a holiday weekend. In my case - a very non-KFB weekend.

Sigh. I'm disappointed, but am proud of myself for cutting myself some slack.

One - 2, 6-hour drives
Two - Hotter than HELL (OMG not comfortable. This morning it was 86 at five am)
Three - Spent most of the long weekend and yesterday working on a proposal. When I wasn't, I was driving or doing chores for my Mom
Four - Stressed and anxious about the proposal (and about the lost holiday) I didn't sleep well.

Today is the first day in about a week where I feel normal amounts of stress. Yay! So I feel better prepared to get back in the game.

Thank goodness I'm going on vacation in 9 days!

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear you get a break. Where are ya going to on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't guilt yourself too much. Being mindful is the most important part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vermont!

    and the best thing? No TV. No Phone. No internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Normal amount of stress". What a statement, but one true to the human condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resist! Only a few days more!

    ReplyDelete