Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 55 - The Sauna

Well this morning it was cooler when I got up and stepped out doors. Only 78F. 56% humidity, but still ...

It's like living in a sauna. Working out ... well, I've been doing that at the gym.

I'll 'fess up to not being as tough as I'd like to be and went there purely for the lovely A/C. Still hot and sticky, but I'm sure I didn't dehydrate myself nearly so badly.

Also - now I'm drawn almost exclusively to raw foods. And my gazpacho. And my new favorite salad:

Apples & Celery tossed in a dressing of yogurt and lemon juice with a sprinkling of walnuts and freshly ground black pepper.

Sweet. Tart. Spicy. Cold.

Easy, filling, and refreshing. The recipe calls for the skins, but I'm more allergic to the skins than anything else, so I peeled mine.

3 comments:

  1. You know, the heat was never this much of an issue during the PCP. I think because we were losing so much fat and we were actually getting cooler. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that working out in winter was harder than in summer. I was so wrong!

    That salad sounds so good I'm going to make it for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuuummm. I'm going to try this salad!

    ReplyDelete