Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 65 - The day AFTER my first day of vacation


Friday was a real busy, running-around-with-my-head-cut-off kind of day at work - busy in addition to the expected madness of trying to get things done before taking off for a week - so I didn't leave work until late :(

But now, for the next 8 days it's all about ME, baby!

Yesterday I did not get my KFB workout in, as I didn't get to bed early enough to get up and do it before driving north, and (frankly) it was so hot that I probably wouldn't have done it anyway. UGGGGhh.

You have no idea how fondly I'm looking back to those days of jumping rope in the snow in January and February. I'm a cold-weather baby, and my body is super efficient at creating heat. Which is marvelous for being outside in the winter - and is miserable in the weather we've been suffering under for the past month or so.

Whine. Whine.

Last night it took me almost 2 hours to fall asleep and I lay immobile, damp and sticky, with my arms and legs splayed hoping to fall asleep. But a joy of being on vacation is a flexible schedule, so I slept in and then got up to do my KFB. Which felt great - except for the fact that I'd run out about 3 miles before doing it and by the time I ran back, it was HOT HOT HOT. (I was also facing the sun, which makes a bigger difference than you'd think)

I sense a theme here. I'll try not to whine any more. I know that it's not just us that are suffering:

Heat wave - and I gather they are experiencing heat waves in Europe and elsewhere as well.

Drink lots of liquids everyone!

I'll have intermittent access to the internet for the next week - I mean to be better about blogging, but may end up posting them all at once!

See you on the other side!

3 comments:

  1. Heather! I had the exact same thought about jumping in January...

    Have you made lassis this summer? Or done something crazy like showering before your workout (which I did the other day)?

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days we just do what we can. I think the point is we are mindful of our workouts even when we miss them. We know their benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like the United States is bleeding! Or sunburned. What's yer job? (you don't have to respond if you don't want to. :) ) Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete