Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 14 - Still tired and digging the day of (sort of) Rest

This has been a very long week -

Partly because I've somehow not gotten enough rest (partly my fault, partly because I'm not feeling as rested from the sleep that I do get ... no doubt due to stress), partly because there has just been so much going on with work, and partly because I haven't taken a day off since last year (yikes! where has the time gone?)

Along the same vein as my habit of setting impossible goals, one of the things that I keep trying to learn is to say "no" at work when someone asks me to help out with something. Instead, I should make a more realistic effort to evaluate if I can and then answer. I'm usually good for a little while and then begin slipping. This is the week of re-learning that lesson.

So I've been pretty much head down all week.

I can't tell if the workouts are contributing to my general fatigue or not - or if they are helping - but I was definitely relieved to have an easier morning. For the long weekend, I'm driving up to Boston and expect to be able to keep up with my KFB workouts - not so sure about the diet as I don't know what it will be :) but, we'll see.

Happy Friday All!

5 comments:

  1. I can tell you my workouts are definitely contributing to my fatigue. Heh. However, I'm sure by week three or so things will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend - have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These workouts are accessing parts of your body you've probably never used before. So they're going to be tiring at first until your body shores up those weak points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all that driving. Hey, one thing I was wondering is what is an interval? You say you run them all the time...is it for speed or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm told it's for speed... I haven't seen the effects yet!

    It's basically running fast for an interval, running slower for an interval, running fast for an interval (say between lightposts) etc.

    Usually I pretend I'm some sort of super spy during the racing bits :)

    ReplyDelete