Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 4

This morning I did 30 minutes/3 miles of interval training in addition to KFB - which may have been too much as I'm feeling pretty beat right now. Or that could be because I slept lightly last night, waking often and having weird dreams.

I dreamed that I'd damaged my feet and was limping around in a foreign country and trying desperately to avoid going to the emergency room - but I eventually unwrapped the bandages on my feet to discover that after a week I was still gushing blood and all the skin and protective flesh around my achilles tendon was gone. And then there was a lot of delay and waiting and moving to different hospitals (all in stairwells, for bizarre dream logic). Which sounds really gross and disturbing and, well, nightmarish, now that I'm describing it. But I wasn't really all that worried in the dream, and it didn't hurt, so emotionally the dream was just weird.

I should mention that while my dreams are invariably weird, they are not often bloody - and I don't think that I've ever had a nightmare. I've never been frightened or bothered by a dream.

This morning I tried doing the kicks like a Tang Soo Do front kick. Which made that quite a workout. I haven't done martial arts in nearly a decade (really? checking my math ... yes, really) and this is reminding me that I miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment