Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 5

Zoikes! Certain muscles in my legs are definitely feeling the kicks we've been doing, and it's a healthy reminder that I'm moving out of comfortable movements to become stronger and more agile.

Or that's what I keep telling myself. It took until the 4th or 5th rep for my legs to loosen up.

This morning I skipped any ancillary training in favor of sleep and feel much better for it, although it didn't manifest at all at my attempts to meditate this morning, when other thoughts kept intruding and I had the most interrupted meditation effort so far.

I've not yet done my benchmarking for the project - I've still got to find a ping-pong ball or substitute, although I have rounded up an accomplice for helping me with my jumping measurement. I suspect that I'll find it difficult to get motivated to benchmark myself often as it requires going out in search of a partner...

Internally, I'm discovering (or, re-discovering) a latent desire to have it ALL. I'm enjoying getting back into more intense exercise, but want to do MORE, I want to spend more thoughtful time writing blog posts, ...

and I want all that free time I had when I wasn't doing so much exercise or writing blog posts or preparing 6 healthy meals/snacks a day.

Greedy. That's what I am. Greedy.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me you're doing a pretty good job of getting it all as long as the rest of your life is in balance.

    I love the look on parent's faces(my Wife's included) when they see a young couple strolling hand in without a care or child in tow. We think about all that free time and how we squandered it when we had it.

    I predict you will get it all...

    ReplyDelete