Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 33 - Energy levels still low

Semi-bounce back from my energy low yesterday. My energy levels were/are still low, but I was still able to finish the workout. Going all out and not timing the occasional rests, it took about 75 minutes. whew!

One of the nice satisfying things about pushing myself in my workouts is the feeling of lassitude and slight soreness that at once reminds me of the hard work I've done and brings me present into my body. Normal physical actions remind me with unexpected muscle twinges that I am alive, strong, and taking advantage of it.

This is nice. It is satisfying. I like it.

But being the morning exerciser that I am, it brings with it a morning wrestling match with myself. Especially when I am fatigued and sore, I crave a leisurely start to the day. Right now I'm daydreaming of sleeping until I wake up, and then getting a cup of tea or coffee and just zoning on my balcony, still in my PJs.

The problem (for me) of doing that, is that unless I already have the workout DONE and dusted, any leisurely start is marred by the fear of the lazy side of me "winning" and the workout not getting done. Especially in the summer, when the most comfortable time for a workout is as early as possible.

Sigh. Can you see what a joy it is to live in my head? I have real problems not trying to do IT ALL - and just relaxing. I pretty much have to leave home on a vacation to let things go. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, deep inside you know that sleeping long and drinking coffee in the balcony with the warm morning sun on your face is over rated...
    Specially if still in your PJs! ;)

    Are you considering some vacations soon?

    ReplyDelete