Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 39

I'm back from a weekend up in Boston.

I was pretty good with the diet (not perfect), and ok with the workouts. I'm a little frustrated with my mindset, which is more unhappy with not completely nailing the workouts, instead of happy to have managed what I did.

I've started taking Shivani's suggestion, and doing my meditation and a little stretching before the workout - and am really glad I am. For me, with all that's going on in my life and the disproportionate stress that I am feeling over even small things, it really helps to quiet down FIRST, and then I can be more present and more focused in the rest of the workouts. I am also less anxious afterwards.

Thanks Shivani!

I'm getting better at not getting dizzy when doing the back kicks. Despite the dizziness, I think those are my favorite kick by far. They always have been. KaPow! Those use my biggest and strongest muscles.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Heather! I'm glad that worked out for you!

    And the heat! How are you cooling off? I sweat my brains out even while sitting completely still. Seriously! I needed to stop and eat my frozen banana dinner in the middle of my kicks today.

    Thought I was going to faint...

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete